Monday, May 28, 2012

NO SECOND ACTS Interview: James Comtois (“Moving Forward,” Bill B)

My one-act play provides a definitive American experience by reminding you why sometimes, it doesn't pay to show up to the polls early.

I am proud to be an American because none of yer goddamned business, that's why. Now get the hell offa my lawn. FREEDOM!

For me the defining moment in American history is this upcoming Democracy festival. No, wait. That's not history. That's the future. I keep getting those mixed up.

True or False: Theater will save America. That's insane. False. I always thought that theatre is to America as what Woodrow Wilson was to Henry Cabot Lodge. Are they laughing?  Did it get a laugh?  I can't hear the Internet from here. I heard that historic US political rivalry jokes play like gangbusters here.

No comments: